The resolution of better eating habits can be so broad that I simply started by the most basic way of implementing it: taking care of creating healthier guts following 5 steps.
This is a sponsored post by SimplyBiotix in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. The opinions and experiences stated are all mine.
As I am trying to keep on track with my mindfulness about what am I eating, I learned something very interesting: It seems that all of us have microscopic “bacteria pets” in our body called microbiome that is actually beneficial to our health. I am referring to these beneficial microorganisms as “pets” because they are actually good for our health! These bacteria inhabit us and also need to be taken care of. These are called probiotics, which are the “good” bacteria that our bodies need to stay healthy and balanced. They are often associated with digestive health but, truthfully, good bacteria live everywhere on the human body and affect your overall health. This microbiome has even been called “the second brain”, as a way to do a remark on how important taking care of it on a daily basis is. If we don’t have enough good bacteria to combat the bad bacteria in our body, the bad will wreak havoc on our digestive systems and overall health. There are several reasons why someone may lose their good bacteria. Sometimes the reason is our diet; a diet low in prebiotic fiber or probiotic foods, or over-eating sugar and simple carbohydrates allows bad bacteria to flourish.
I started to investigate how to help my girl’s digestive problems because she sometimes experiences an upset stomach, especially when she is stressed out (which also stresses me out, thank you very much). I got to try SimplyBiotix products for the last three weeks, and I must say I can see a difference from past occasions. What did we take? Well, I started giving Mini her daily Gutsy, and I myself started taking Max Strength. All in our house are also having the immune support cinnamon stick flavored (and sugar-free) lozenges from Oral & Sinus and we the adults are also taking Gut Health.
Let me break down for you each of these supplements, so you can see why they work so well.
- Gutsy. This is a kid-friendly berry burst flavored fast melting probiotic powder; there is no need for water to have it and it is an easy, on-the-go way to get your kids their daily dose of probiotics, as it supports digestive health and immune health
- Max Strength. My favorite so far! It supports digestive health and immune health, with 10
- billion live cultures of 10 probiotic strains. It is a probiotic for those who need extra support -who, like me, are usually on the run, with high-stress levels and exposed to all kind of other’s body fluids in the form of coughing and sneezing. This supplement was developed with BIO-Tract Technology, which protects the live bacteria from “lava-like” gastric acid in the stomach while also ensuring the live bacteria are evenly distributed to help replenish the healthy bacteria in your entire digestive tract.
- Oral & Sinus. This one is simply delicious. Cinnamon flavored lozenges that helps with bad breath, supports ear, nose and throat health, oral health and immune health and it is sugar-free and kid-friendly. Many people aren’t aware that probiotics aren’t just for your gut – probiotics live in your mouth too. We also need to promote good bacteria to balance out the bad bacteria, which will result in fresher breath
- Gut Health. To support digestive health and immune health, this supplement was developed with BIO-Tract Technology. This innovative delivery system protects the 2 billion live cultures of 7 beneficial probiotic strains in Gut Health to ensure these “good” bacteria survive so they arrive in your gut alive. You must know that some probiotic products don’t guarantee the survival of good bacteria by the time they arrive in your gut and thus is no longer beneficial for them to take!
But how can we make all of these probiotics work to its full potential? Here are 5 tips to kick-start your gut:
- Fill up with fiber: Adding more fiber-rich foods to your diet can help regulate your bowel movements, decrease bloating and have the prebiotic effect of feeding your healthy bacteria. Don’t forget to drink more water when you add more fiber to your diet, so everything keeps working the right way.
- Breath. When you inhale in two times and exhale in one time, you help your metabolism pick up its pace and work faster. Also, breathing in when counting up to 5 in your mind and breathing out counting down from 5 to 1 helps with anxiety and mindfulness.
- Drink hot water with lemon. My grandmother is a fan of this habit, and it seems it certainly helps the digestive system! Waking up with this warm beverage -that doesn’t taste as bad as you might think- can help kick off great digestion for the day.
- Take time to chew. Although we may remember to tell our kids, it is easy to forget! Completely chewing your food is the first step to smooth digestion.
- Knock out anxiety. Balancing all of our responsibilities is hectic. That itself is already stressful but it can become a real anxiety issue when we feel overwhelmed. To keep yourself out of losing the calm, you can use anxiety breathing as described on tip number 2. It also helps to talk about whatever is worrying you with a friend, a family member or a therapist. Listen to music that lifts your spirit or to podcasts that inspire you.
SimplyBiotix has a mission that I find very relatable: Taking care of you, for them. That is why I have a giveaway for my readers! One lucky winner will get Four SimplyBiotix products (ARV: $100) plus an athletic shirt. All you have to do is leave a comment telling me what SimplyBiotix product you would love to try, send a tweet via Rafflecopter promoting this giveaway and like SimplyBiotix on Facebook. (You must be 18+ and a US resident to participate).
We all know it’s important to take care of yourself, but this becomes even more important when you have to take care of loved ones, whether that’s your kids, spouse, parents or pets. We know how easy it is to neglect yourself while caring for others, but if something happens to you, who will look after your loved ones? That’s why it is important to educate and help ourselves to take care of our own gut health, for them.
SimplyBiotix launched their Taking Care of Us, for __ campaign. Check out their Instagram to see who we are doing all this for.