This facial treatment is so trendy right now.
We have seen people using face rollers with needles, vibrating, made of porcelain or even quartz crystals in order to soften their facial skin. Well, there is another non-invasive treatment that is getting extremely popular because of their quick results for an incredibly smooth skin: Dermaplaning. This treatment is an exfoliation method that uses a 10-gauge scalpel to scrape off facial hair and the outermost layer of dead skin cells. Removing this top layer reveals fresh, glowing skin and helps minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and acne. If you think it sounds kind of creepy to get a scalpel blade so close to your face voluntarily is because it actually is, but not creepy enough for those who swear by this cosmetic treatment as the easier way to get ready-for-Instagram skin even without makeup.
This is how it works:
When it is done at a professional’s office, according to La Lune Naturals‘ investigation, an esthetician or cosmetic dermatologist will cleanse and dry your skin in preparation. Then, working in sections, she’ll hold your skin taut and use short, fast strokes of the scalpel across your chin, cheeks, forehead, and nose. The painless procedure takes about fifteen minutes and feels similar to shaving your legs. Since there’s no downtime or discomfort and no chemicals or medication involved, you can have it performed as often as you like. Most people have it done when their facial hair grows back, which takes about a month.
Since this type of face shave removes the outermost epidermal layer, including all traces of facial hair, it leaves your face smooth and silky. Makeup glides on, and your skin is better able to absorb skin care products, such as moisturizers and serums.
Some people that have had this procedure believe that hair grows back thicker after dermaplaning, but this is false, as the only way for this to happen would be only if the hair follicles were stimulated hormonally, which is not the case in this procedure. Your hair texture won’t change at all.
You can perform it at home, but don’t expect the same results of a professional session. However, at-home Dermaplaning removes facial hair and lightly exfoliates at a fraction of the cost. All you will need is a supply of cheap, one blade, disposable razors and some fractionated coconut oil -or you can use this home-made shaving cream recipe that is soft and smooth enough to let the razor glide. Do not attempt to use a body razor.
- Over clean and dry-pat skin, apply a thin layer of fractionated coconut oil.
- Without applying pressure, start shaving your face against the hair’s growth, using downwards movements. Get your nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin. Don’t forget your jawline.
- While doing the shaving use your other hand to keep the skin stretched and taut so the razor runs smoothly.
- After going all over your face, rinse it with cool water and pat dry
- As the skin is ready to absorb anything you put on it right away, use a serum or a facemask to hydrate and bright it.
- Afterwards, don’t forget to put on sunscreen (of at least 30SPF) for several days following the treatment and also keep your face out of the sun.
Note: If you have cystic acne, wait until your skin clears up. Once your skin is clear, it can help prevent future breakouts. If you are under any medical treatment, ask your doctor before doing this at home or having it done somewhere else.
Leave a Reply